Cavities can cause a lot of damage to your teeth and overall oral health. In fact, cavities can lead to an entire host of problems when neglected, which is why it is imperative to take care of your teeth and overall oral health. Taking care of your teeth includes avoiding cavities or treating them as swiftly as possible before they can destroy your teeth.
Our dentist, Dr. Shane McPherson, is happy to help you overcome your cavity blues by repairing cavities should they arise. Furthermore, our team at D. Shane McPherson DDS, A Dental Corporation in Shreveport, Louisiana, is here to share some information on cavities and how they can wreak havoc on your smile.
Here are some facts of intel on cavities:
– Holes in a tooth from cavities can lead to infections in your tooth and surrounding tissue.
– They may often arise due to erosion, which can continue to occur until the cavity is treated.
– If it continues unabated, it will continue to eat through a tooth until further risks develop.
– When you have one, you may experience an increase in tooth sensitivity.
– As of result of infection from bacteria in a tooth, the pulp of a tooth may need to be taken out.
– Bacteria that seeps into a tooth can lead to tooth loss.
If you have questions about your oral health, or if you would like to have a cavity repaired, please call us today at 318-797-1873 to make an appointment. Our team of experts are happy to help you overcome any trouble you have with cavities.