If you wish to have optimum oral health care, you must make sure to take care of your teeth and your gums every single day. This includes all health care routines that include brushing, flossing, and mouthwash if applicable. Professional cleanings at least every six months are recommended. For a list of items you can consider using to improve your health care, consider the following:
– Look for dental products that feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance by the American Dental Association.
– Look for dental products that are recommended or suggested by your dentist.
– Always keep your toothbrush stored in a safe, clean area free of contamination.
– Never allow others to use your toothbrush.
– Avoid unnecessary risks to your oral health including chewing on inedible objects, eating ice, or biting into foods that are too hard or too tough for your teeth to withstand.
– Schedule checkups and exams with your dentist regularly.
– Avoid the use of toothpaste after eating, and instead, supplement your oral health care with mouthwash or chewing gum to increase your saliva production.
– Speak with your dentist or doctor if you are suffering from any kind of oral health disorder, including eating disorders.
– Switch to a diet that is low in sugar and high in healthy and nutritious foods.
No matter which oral health care treatments and procedures you require, our team at D. Shane McPherson DDS, A Dental Corporation at our dentist office in Shreveport, Louisiana, is ready to help you. To book an appointment with Dr. Shane McPherson, call us at 318-797-1873. Your oral health care is designed to thrive with our help. Come see us soon!