Did you know your oral health could last a lifetime with proper care? As we age, our smile can begin to fade, and the enamel on our teeth can start to wear down. However, with adequate care and treatment, our oral health could potentially last an entire lifetime. To help you understand more about your oral health, our dentist, Dr. Shane McPherson with D. Shane McPherson DDS, A Dental Corporation in Shreveport, Louisiana, is happy to provide you with some advice.
Here are tips to help your oral health stay positive and healthy throughout your life:
– When choosing your cleaning tools, always use nonabrasive products.
– Improve your oral hygiene by brushing twice every day for the rest of your life. Don’t forget to floss every day as well.
– Stay away from tobacco.
– Always take the time to visit your dentist to assess your oral health needs and examine your teeth and gums to determine if any damage has occurred. Oral cancer screenings are also helpful for keeping your smile safe.
– Improve your diet. This includes avoiding solid snacks that can fracture teeth
– Avoid sugars and carbs that can lead to dental erosion.
– Use effective cleaning tools that do not cause you difficulties. If you’re struggling with brushing and flossing tools, try using water flossers or electric toothbrushes instead.
If you apply this advice to your everyday life, you can help your oral health stay positive and strong through your lifetime. If you need your six-month checkup, or if you have questions about your oral health, please call us today at 318-797-1873 to make an appointment. Our dental team stands proud to give you the help you need.